Monday, May 30, 2011

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Jonathan Livingston SeagullI first read this book in High School in the mid 70's. It was all the talk and rage. I remember my English teacher said it would be life changing for us and that we each would find something different. I remember that it was good and that we did each find something different in it.
I just reread this while waiting at my in-laws for the pizza to cook. (Yes it was that quick of a read)
I now am pretty sure what I thought back in 75. My English teacher was smoking pot.
The best thing about this book is that it is a quick read. I found it OK. It is not the life changing novel...but for me I have already thought (and have always know) that I can achieve higher ground if I just try and apply myself.

I wonder if it would be such a huge success today if it came out...not sure.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll need to re-read this one. My junior high teacher said the same thing.

    ReplyDelete