Monday, June 20, 2011

The Mists of Avalon

How can I say this gently...this was 876 pages of text where 800 pages of it were sheer boredom. I had asked for this for Christmas a few years ago and was excited when I got it.
I love anything dealing with Camelot and it's stories.
Knowing that people either loved or hated this book I was excited to see how the author would change and use her characters in telling the story from a woman's point of view.
I know from history that the female role at this time was quite mundane...the author was able to capture that, all too well.
I also found the treatment of the pagan vs Christin religion quite boring as well.
I will not read this again and can not recommend it but would not tell you no if you had a desire to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment