Thursday, September 1, 2011

Assassin's Apprentice

I again really wanted to like this book. The plot sounded like a new look at fantasy. A bastard son of a Prince is turned over to be trained as a Royal assassin.
I found this hard to get into. Overall it sounded like a Prequel to more books that are coming. I guess there are more books and I may go to them some time in the future but have found myself not wanting to rush out and start the 2nd book.
I think what I found most bothersome with this book was that it was told from the 1st persons point of view remembering his life.
The problem with this style of writing is that you already know that they get out of any trouble they are in.
I also found the day to day recap of his life growing up very slow.
I wanted death and how he learns to deal it out, not taking care of horses or being hungry and tired from his chores.

I do see how some people can fall in love with this book and the world it has created.
In fact the world of the book is wonderful and the best part of the book I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment