Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sharpe's Story

I was very excited when I saw this book on Amazon. It also helped that I had some gift money from Christmas left on my account.
 
I had tried to find this book at the Library and local book stores to no avail.
 
This is sort of a story of how the author came up with one of his greatest characters Richard Sharpe.
I have read all of the Sharpe books and have found that I can relate to this character better than any other in all that I have read.
This was a delight to go into the writers mind and see how he juggles the 20+ stories of historical fiction he has written. Unlike most series he has not followed them one after another in order. Sharpe's adventures bounce all over his life and history.
I had notice a few slight errors I thought, as I read the books and I was glad to know that the author admits to them.
I also found it interesting as he talked about the very successful TV shows have influenced his writing.
One of the best parts was where Share may not have even been created had he not been forced to write to try to earn money...
If you have read and enjoyed any Sharpe books then this is a must read.





No comments:

Post a Comment