Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Darkling Child

This was a very nice read. I have read all of the authors books and have seen as others have that Mr. Brooks has a set style and format that works well.
This book changed that up a bit. I have to admit I did not expect the ending to be what it was, and that is a good thing.
This book is part 2 of a trilogy but seems to be abler to stand on its own if need be.
Once more the Wishsong is the center of the story and it is nice to visit it with some items sounding familiar (from other books) and new parts of it revealed.
 
I have a few minor items that made me go HUH but they are very minor.
One that I will mention is for some reason I have no idea how the title fits the story...
If you Love to visit Shannarra then this is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment