Monday, June 27, 2016

The Holy Secret


From Goodreads.com:Many today carry a secret: We do not love what we have been commanded to love. We do not love what is holy. Although we might reverence things that are deemed holy- the temple, for example, and the scriptures, and the Sabbath- we do not love them. Not really. Not with our whole souls.

The Holy Secret is the story of a man who learns how to love what matters. As he does, he learns another secret: Love for holiness transforms life itself. His realization of what he had been missing may lead you to some discoveries of your own!


I listened to this on CD and found it better than I reviewed last time. In truth I didn't even realize that I had read this in 2010 until I logged on here and saw I had done so.
This book is a "story" to bring to light a way to study the scriptures. I still did not hear anything new but enjoyed it more than before.
I do find myself wanting to be like Al in the book. To have that knowledge at the tip of your finger...well I know how to get there! I would recommend a listen or read to help you think about a different way to study and get into the scripture sturdy

Previous Review 2010:Not sure what to say. I know most love this book but for me I was a little bored. I am not trying to brag but there was not anything new to me here. I have dug into my reading as suggested for quite awhile now but I still recommend this to any who want a idea on how to start their study of the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment