Sunday, December 11, 2016

Short Story From first draft to final product

18713473From Goodreads.com:SHORT STORY is not a typical "how to" guide. I spent time looking for a book which would show me how a "raw" story was developed through drafts, with comments received and the changes made. Struggling to find such a work, I decided to create my own, being transparent and honest in the details.

Using the story that gained me an offer of a place on a Master's in Creative Writing, SHORT STORY will take you through three drafts of the work.

The book details not only the major revisions, feedback given by a professional novelist and an academic, but also has a bunch of tips from my writers toolbox condensed between the drafts.

I hope that the process provides something useful for you, be it a tip from the writing toolbox, a look at the editing process, or motivation in knowing that you can do better than I did!
  


My Thoughts: It took a bit to get through but I enjoyed the items he brings up about writing. Nothing really new but good points just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment