Monday, April 11, 2011

On Writing

I listened to this on my iPod. What a great invention an ipod is... This book was very insightful. Mr King said it best at the start of the book, when talking about books on writing that this book would be shorter than most since most books of that type are full of BS. I have read many of those books and I have to agree somewhat.

What I found most enjoyable was the stories of his high school years and other events that I could match up with stories he has written.

I have not read all of his stuff but enough to understand his craft. He still holds the honor of writing the only book that really scared me. Back in 1982, on a raining night in my small one bedroom apartment in the married student housing at the U of U. Sitting in my rocker reading "Salem's Lot".( I have yet to reread it.)

I really enjoyed this as an audio since Mr. King was the reader. He truly added something to the experience.

This book is a must read for even the slight Stephen King fan or budding writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment