Sunday, February 27, 2011

Black Powder War

This is the third book in a group of 6 I believe (so far)
It is not really a fantasy nor is it Historical war fiction. A story about the Napoleon Wars with dragons added in. No magic no other fantasy items just a variety of different kinds of dragons that are fighting along side the French and the English.
This was a good installment. It did not drag the overall story too much. What little drag I felt was made up for by the sheer enjoyment I have of the lead characters.
This author has not dried up and abused her subject yet.

I look forward to the other 3 books I have to listen to on my ipod.
Also a quick note on the audio.
Simon Vance is one of the best readers I know.  He has done over 200 audio books. I have only heard him in this series but would probably listen to a book just because he was the one reading it. Here is is web site: http://simonvance.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment