Friday, February 24, 2012

Peter and the Starcatchers

This was a really fun read!!! Basically set as a pre story to Peter Pan book, (well more likely the Disney Movie version). It tells the tale of how Peter became Peter Pan and Neverland created. It has familiar characters (Hook, Smee) It also gives the origin of the mermaids, Peters flying and even Pixe dust.
I really enjoyed this and will read the others in the set.
This is geared to Young Adult even Children but I found it fun. I look forward to sharing it with my 4 year old when she gets a bit older.
The writing style tried to mimic Mr. Barrie's at times and for me it worked.
Highly recommended for any one. I listened to this on Cd and loved it. It is read by Jim Dale so it took me about 1/2 a disc to get over how the characters sounded so much like Harry Potter but that was quickly swept away with he movement of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment