Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beyonders: World Without Heroes

I have only read the first book in this authors Fablehaven set. I found it enjoyable. This first book was also enjoyable. A story of 2 teens drawn from this world into a fantasy world where they have to accomplish a great task is nothing new. The author has done that rather well, several items caused me to pull out of the story shaking my head as holes in the story and plot. Example, this new world must speak American English since one of the key moments depends on spelling and pronunciation to be perfect with US English.
I did enjoy the new creatures and parts of the world.
Toward the end I felt it a bit rushed to create a cliffhanger but that was ok.
I did remind myself several times that this is written for a YA audience so my problems with it my not be noticed by the intended readers.
I will read the follow up books as they come out and with that being said this is a recommend read.

No comments:

Post a Comment