Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daughters in my Kingdom

This is a must read for every Husband and father in the LDS Church! I know that may sound hard, especially since this book was written and designed for the women of the Church, but in reading it I have found myself left with a sense of awe and extremely grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and His plan for our families.
I learned some new things about what the Relief Society has done through the years and it made me proud.
This book covers the inherent strengths and talents all women have.
Divided into sections that cover history and topics it reads well. In fact it reads unlike any other "manual" or Guidebook" the Church has. In doing a little research I found out the reason. It was written by a single author. This was very refreshing.
I found the middle chapters on working with the priesthood interesting. I know some have been slightly disappointed in the idea that the way to change the world is through being good mothers in the home, but I truly believe it. In order to change a generation start one home at a time.
It made me appreciate my wife so much more and her willingness to be a stay at home mom (giving up the things more money could buy us) and more importantly to put up with me as she helps guide me in being the type of man I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment