Thursday, October 20, 2011

El Borak

I have read alot of this authors fantasy novels and some of his other novels. His heroes always pop  off the page and the term "a mans man" comes to mind. (Whatever that means)
His heroes are straight forward warriors, full steam ahead and damn the  consequences.
While El Borak is not fantasy it is great reading. Set in the middle east in the early 1930-40's I would guess, it follows several Americans that have gone there and found themselves. Indiana Jones before the movie type of hero
I still enjoy Krull the best then Conan but El Borak is moving steadily up the ladder.
The writing is almost poetic. Howard paints pictures with words so effortlessly that i am in awe.
I keep finding myself wishing that today's authors would do the same, but in this Video soaked environment it may not work.
Great read...

No comments:

Post a Comment