Friday, October 21, 2011

World War Z

I listened to this on my ipod and am grateful I did. If I had read it in book form I would not have finished it.
Much like the title says it is a oral history of the zombie war.
I had a few problems with it.
1. It is a documentary style of report that talks about a war after it was won. All suspense is removed. Story after story started to sound alike.
2. The interview style of the book seemed very flat and made it uninteresting. On the ipod it reminded me of listening to something on NPR.
A world wide Zombie infestation is a cute idea. How some in the book survived also was good but it grew old.
It seemed to referred to events that were unknown to the reader and were never covered later in the book. This drew me out of the story...well what story there is.
As I said if I had started it in print I would have set it down, but the actors on the CD were great.
I know it is now being made into a movie starring Brad Pitt as the interviewer and it will be interesting to see if they stick with the interview idea or have the film do flashbacks as the survivors recall their journeys.
If you love zombies and often think of how you will survive when they rise this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment