Saturday, October 29, 2011

Matthew's Story

This is the 2nd of the 4 in this series's. Written by the team that brought us the "Left Behind" books. I have read them and enjoyed them even if I did not agree with the doctrine.
This is a the story of Christ's disciple Matthew. From his young boy hood to the Resurrection of Christ. I found it interesting. The weaving in of the slaughter of infants by Herod is something I had not thought about. This event drives Levi greatly.
The story of his hatred for God and wanting riches was well told. Once we got to the call by Jesus and the events of the new Testament it sounded a lot like straight from scripture. I wish the book had gone more beyond the end.
I will read the other books in this group since I find them easy to listen to as I drive or work in the yard.
If you want to know more about the early life of Matthew or what it may have been like read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment