Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sun, shade 'n rain: Moods of life

Came across this book as I was helping my in laws clean out their storage unit. I sat down after we were done and spent the next hour inside. If you were in Utah in the late 70's and an active member of LDS Seminary you know of Sun Shade n Rain a singing trio. They were perhaps the first Mormon popular religious singing group. Of course the Osmonds were huge but not doing really religious songs. If on your mission you ever showed the film strip "I'll build you a rainbow" then you have heard these guys. I was a big fan and this book by one of the members about how they came together and their life in the entertainment world was great. Much like sitting down and catching up with old friends you haven't seen in a long time. It brought back great memories and I enjoyed reading it before I added it to the box headed to the DI (Goodwill Store)



No comments:

Post a Comment